Back to Home Page
1) Further Reading on Food Deserts, Food Injustice and Nutritional Exclusion
1) The Consuming Geographies of Food: Diet, Food Deserts and Obesity, HJ Shaw, Routledge, 2014, Full Book Description Here
2) The Reducetarian Solution, B Kateman ed. Penguin Random House 2017, https://reducetarian.org/book
3) Report on Food Justice, Obesity and Austerity in Cardiff and the Welsh Valleys, funded by CURA (Centre for Urban Research on Austerity). Initial results available here – full report forthcoming 2019.
4) CURA Blog, Austerity and Food Poverty: the vicious circle of obesity, ill-health and deprivation, HJ Shaw and JJA Shaw, online at Austerity and Food Poverty: the vicious circle of obesity, ill-health and deprivation
5) Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Justice and the Global Food Supply Chain: towards an ethical food policy for sustainable supermarkets Food Systems– HJ Shaw and JJA Shaw Routledge 2019, explicating the issue of Supermarkets and Corporate Social Responsibility in the food chain. Full description and 20% discount here
2) Free Sample Items
F.1) 3 colour dimension choropleth map of Yorkshire-Humberside region
Red = Child obesity (11-yr-olds). Green = Households without car/van. Blue = % of people claiming Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit.
Lighter Colours = worse ‘deprivation’ index.
F.2) Historical changes map for London
3) Free for Now Items - These items are available free for now – until the download rate exceeds a set amount / year.
4) Purchase Items
P.1) UK Historical changes maps. Shows dates of urbanisation, railway opening and closing dates, also proposed railways, major new roads with opening dates, old and new canals, and coastal changes. Maps cover 50 x 50 km and can be purchased for £1.99 each.
Click Here to see UK index map of areas available for purchase.
Click Here for free sample map of Greater London (covers out to Watford and Sevenoaks).
Current Saver Rates for 2019 - £0.99 for maps 75% or more completed and FREE for maps under 75% complete. Email email@example.com for more details.
Maps now available,
P.2) Community and Communication. A compendium of essential socio-demographic and economic indicators for the world, by territory. Covers all sovereign States, also separate entries for the States of Australia, Canada and the US; 293 territories in all.
Availability; Community and Communications is sold as 6 world regions or as a complete global set.
The six regions are, 1) North America, 2) South and Central America, 3) Europe, 4) North Africa, Middle East and former USSR, 5) Sub-Saharan Afirca, 6) South and east Asia, Oceania.
Any queries on this product please email Dr Hillary J Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price, £2.99 per region, or £9.99 for entire world. Pay here by Paypal,
Paypal Link, https://www.paypal.me/HillaryShaw